Last Modified: August 15, 2021
Your privacy is of utmost importance to Sharelife.plus.
The Information We Collect
How We Use the Information
- Other Users and Contributors: You may give others permission to view, edit and/or contribute personal information about you, and the decision to share your information is at your sole discretion. Be aware that other users and contributors, should they obtain a subscription to Sharelife.plus, will have the right to share your information with whomever they deem and you will have no control over those sharing decisions. Sharelife.plus cannot control who your content is ultimately shared with.
- Public Posting on Our Website: We may publicly post your content on our Website but only if you grant Sharelife.plus permission to do so. You can designate Sharelife.plus to post your content publicly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by designating Sharelife.plus as a Recipient on any Entry you create. We are not obligated to post your content on our Website. Should you offer to publicly share your content on our website we have the option to contact you to determine your disclosure preferences (eg: name or anonymous) and to propose modifications, edits, changes to the content.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include sending e-mail, uploading and posting photos, videos and audio files, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. In connection with their performance of functions on our behalf, we may share personally identifiable information with such companies and individuals as needed for them to perform their functions.
- Third Party Promotions: We may send offers to selected groups of customers on behalf of unaffiliated businesses that want to market their products or services to you, and as part of these promotional offers we may sell or disclose certain of your personally identifiable information to such unaffiliated businesses.
- In-House Promotions: We may on occasion combine information we receive online with outside records to enhance our ability to market our products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Social Networking: We may work with third party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Website. For example, you may use third party apps, websites or other services that use, or integrate with, our products and services. These social networking services may collect, process, and retain information about you in accordance with their own terms of service or privacy policies. We have no responsibility or liability for such independent terms or policies, and you should review their terms and policies carefully regarding how your information may be used.
Cookies, Web Beacons and Remarketing
To enhance your experience with our Website, many of our Web pages use “cookies.” Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or reveal other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at our Website. However, once you choose to furnish our Website with personally identifiable information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
“Web beacons” are small pieces of code placed on a Web page to monitor behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a Web page. For example, Web beacons or similar technology can be used to count the users who visit a Website or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. We may use Web beacons or similar technology on our Website from time to time for this and other purposes.
In addition to using cookies and related technologies as described above, we also may permit certain third-party companies to help us tailor advertising that we think may be of interest to users and to collect and use other data about user activities on our Website and/or services (e.g., to allow them to tailor ads on third party services). These companies may deliver ads that might also place cookies and otherwise track user behavior. For example, we may use Google’s “remarketing” service to target our ads to you based on your prior use of the Website when you visit on other sites in Google’s content network.
If you access our Website using a mobile device (e.g. your phone or tablet), we may collect mobile device identifiers such as the device type, IP address and the operating system. For example, if you are accessing the Sharelife.plus mobile application, we may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and from where the application was downloaded. We may link the information we store to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile app for internal purposes or to communicate with you. Our Website may also collect other information from your mobile device, such as your geographic location, with your permission. We may also occasionally send you push notifications to provide you information about our services. You may opt-out of these notifications through the settings on your mobile device.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Some Web browsers may transmit Do Not Track (DNT) signals to our Website. Because there is currently no industry standard concerning DNT signals, we currently do not take action in response to these signals.
California Privacy Rights
Sharelife.plus does not collection personally identifiable information from our members for third party use for their direct marketing purposes.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites
Our Commitment to Security
We have in place what we believe to be commercially reasonable procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access of, maintain data security for, and correctly use the personally identifiable information you have provided or that we otherwise collect on our Website. While such efforts are intended to ensure the confidentiality of your personally identifiable information, we cannot and do not warrant or guaranty the absolute safety and security of your personally identifiable information.
Access, Correct or Modify Your Information, or Close Your Account
You have a right to (1) access, modify, correct, or delete your personally identifiable information controlled by Sharelife.plus regarding your profile, (2) change or remove your content, and (3) close your account. For example, if you created a password-protected account within our Website, you may return to that portion of the Website to review the personally identifiable information you provided. However, when you edit or delete content and personal information, copies of such content and information may remain viewable elsewhere to the extent such copies have been shared by others, was otherwise distributed pursuant to your privacy settings, or was copied or stored by other users or other members.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure:
- not to share your user ID or password with anyone else;
- to log off the Website when you are finished;
- to take customary precautions to guard against “malware” (viruses, Trojan horses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
This Website you are visiting is a general audience website and is not designed for children. We are not responsible for any access or use of this Website by children. If you are under age 18, you may use our Website only with the direct oversight of a parent or guardian.
How to Contact Us
Updates and Effective Date
Warranties and Representation